Search This Blog

Sunday, March 16, 2014

St. Patrick; a Man Who Changed the World...


“I am Patrick, yes a sinner and indeed untaught; yet I am established here in Ireland where I profess myself bishop. I am certain in my heart that "all that I am," I have received from God. So I live among barbarous tribes, a stranger and exile for the love of God.”

--St. Patrick, 5th Century Roman Catholic Bishop and Saint, who at the age of 16 was taken as a slave to Ireland, exposed to Druidism (a form of Paganism), learned the Celtic language and, during his captivity, experienced a profound conversion to Christianity and devoted himself to prayer in hopes of getting through hardships.

After his escape, six years later, he returned to Britain, where his family lived, and became a priest, committing himself fully to the service of God.

He returned to Ireland as a bishop and, for the next forty years, almost single handedly converted the Pagan nation through his passion, courage, ability to communicate the faith, example and perseverance.

St. Patrick, “Apostle of Ireland,” pray that I, a sinner like you, with the love and grace of God, can be an agent of change in the world, if only within my family...

No comments: