Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Words of Wisdom from John Henry Newman...





"I am created to do or to be something for which no one else is created:  I have a place in God's counsels, in God's world, which no one else has.  Whether I be rich or poor, despised or esteemed by man, God knows me and calls me by my name."



Bl. John Henry Cardinal Newman, 19th Century bishop, theologian, author and Oxford scholar, who is  renown as one of the most influential Christian writers in history and his literary works are still impacting Christians today.  Cardinal Newman was so highly esteemed and respected that when he converted to the Roman Catholic Church, after setting out to prove the Anglican Church was the one founded by Christ, that about a hundred Anglican bishops followed him into the Church.

Bl. John Henry Newman was beatified by Pope Benedict XVI during his visit to England in 2010.  His canonization as saint is dependent on the confirmation of a second miracle attributed to his intercession....

No comments: